Please login in order to report media.
Still trying to piece together your plan for retirement? Social Security benefits are a big part of that puzzle for most people.
Financial experts Joe Anderson and Alan Clopine go over the rules and regulations for Social Security to help maximize your payout.
In this must-see show Joe and Al explore:
Who is Eligible
When to Claim Benefits
Social Security Savvy Quiz
Income Tax Considerations
You can also put yourself to the test to see how Social Security Savvy you are.
(1:10) - Social Security Statistics
(3:12) - Who is Eligible for Social Security?
(4:06) - How is Social Security Calculated?
(5:28) - When to Start Social Security and the Corresponding Benefits
(6:25) - When People Actually Claim Social Security
(7:26) - Benefits Received Based On Life Expectancy
(8:30) - True or False? If I divorce my spouse after being married for nine years and 11 months I will not be entitled to any of their Social Security benefits.
(9:19) - Social Security Quiz
(17:45) - How Social Security Benefits are Taxed
(20:14) - True or False? I cannot work and collect social security at the same time.
(21:03) - Email Question #1: My ex-husband of 20 years passed away recently.
Is there any advantage for me to wait until I am 70 to claim his benefit?
(22:01) - Email Question #2: My son worked for our family business for 15 years on a cash basis.
What happens when he retires since he hasn't paid any money to Social Security? Is there anything he can do now to improve his situation?
Broadcast Date: June 25, 2017
If you would like to schedule a free assessment with one of our CFP® professionals, click here: https://purefinancial.com/lp/free-assessment/
Make sure to subscribe to our channel for more helpful tips and stay tuned for the next episode of “Your Money, Your Wealth.” https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=PureFinancialCFP
Channels & show times: http://yourmoneyyourwealth.com
• Investment Advisory and Financial Planning Services are offered through Pure Financial Advisors, Inc.
A Registered Investment Advisor.
• Pure Financial Advisors Inc.
does not offer tax or legal advice.
Consult with their tax advisor or attorney regarding specific situations.
• Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice and are not intended as investment advice or to predict future performance.
• Investing involves risk including the potential loss of principal.
No investment strategy can guarantee a profit or protect against loss in periods of declining values.
• All information is believed to be from reliable sources; however, we make no representation as to its completeness or accuracy.
• Intended for educational purposes only and are not intended as individualized advice or a guarantee that you will achieve a desired result.
Before implementing any strategies discussed you should consult your tax and financial advisors.