Please login in order to report media.
Don't think you need an estate plan? You could be putting your assets at risk.
Financial experts Joe Anderson and Alan Clopine break down estate planning to its most basic level.
Estate Planning Attorney Nicole Newman discusses the mistakes that many people make when putting together their will and trust.
(1:15) Financial Focus: Americans Without a Will
(3:16) The Components of an Estate Plan
(4:23) The Purpose of a Will
(5:25) If You Pass Without a Will
(6:05) Power of Attorney
(7:35) True or False? I don't need any estate planning if I own less than the federal estate tax exemption.
(8:50) Countdown to Retirement
(10:57) Joe interviews Nicole Newman, Attorney at Law on Wills vs.
(12:43) Advantages of a Trust
(16:15) True or False? If I become incapacitated my executor will be able to handle my financial affairs.
(17:38) Estate Taxes
(19:16) Email Question #1: Can I transfer my properties into my children's names before I die so they can avoid paying estate taxes?
(20:38) Email Question #2: My husband and I want all of our assets to go to a charity when we die rather than to our children.
What can we do to make sure the funds and properties to go to the charity?
(21:42) Email Question #3: I want to make sure my grandchildren's college tuition is taken care if I pass away. What can I do to make sure that money is set-aside for them?
Original Broadcast Date: July 16, 2017
If you would like to schedule a free assessment with one of our CFP® professionals, click here: https://purefinancial.com/lp/free-assessment/
Make sure to subscribe to our channel for more helpful tips and stay tuned for the next episode of “Your Money, Your Wealth.” https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=PureFinancialCFP
Channels & show times: http://yourmoneyyourwealth.com
• Investment Advisory and Financial Planning Services are offered through Pure Financial Advisors, Inc.
A Registered Investment Advisor.
• Pure Financial Advisors Inc.
does not offer tax or legal advice.
Consult with their tax advisor or attorney regarding specific situations.
• Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice and are not intended as investment advice or to predict future performance.
• Investing involves risk including the potential loss of principal.
No investment strategy can guarantee a profit or protect against loss in periods of declining values.
• All information is believed to be from reliable sources; however, we make no representation as to its completeness or accuracy.
• Intended for educational purposes only and are not intended as individualized advice or a guarantee that you will achieve a desired result.
Before implementing any strategies discussed you should consult your tax and financial advisors.